Sunday, July 05, 2009

Raging Road Rally 5K

Okay, since it's racing season, I've got to get better about my race postings.

Last weekend I ran the local 5K Raging Road Rally. Last year's time was 24:something. Can't remember right now. But this year with different training(Run Less, Run Faster), I've pulled it down to 23:32. This on a very hilly course. I really want to try these legs out on a fast, flat course.

Today I ran a 5K in Stockton with my friend, Rachel, who was gunning for a PR. I planned on pacing her to her new PR but she didn't know that. I showed up at the race unannounced and surprised her.

Her new PR final time was 25:40. Can you say wow? Her last 5K was 26:something. She rocked! I'm so glad I was there to see it.

Now for a shower and a nap!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cool of you showing up and surprising your friend like that. Kind of like Dan's friend showing up at Madison that year we all ran there!

Lace Up And Run said...

Ha! I hadn't thought of that when Dan's friend showed up. How is your running coming along?