Saturday, June 26, 2010

Raging Road Rally 5K



Here are all the award winners together at the awards cermony.

Last night was the annual 5K race here in town. This race is not only challenging(hilly), but there is alot of competition. My goal was to uphold my title of Local Master's Female from last year.

Mission Accomplished! Time 23:52. My last 5K at the beginning of the month was 23:49, so as challenging as this course is, I was happy with my time.

Goal for the end of summer is still to get under 23 minutes.

This race is a killer because the first part of the race is a slight downhill and the rest is up and down with a suicide 1/2 mile hill halfway through. Goal while running on that hill.....put one foot in front of the other. Below is a picture of said hill!



Wouldn't ya know it? Another hill at the end!!! Damn!



My first mile was wayyyyy too fast, which killed me in the end, 7:09. Last two were at 8:05ish. Sometimes I forget when I step up to the starting line how much this is going to hurt. Can you see the pain on my face at the finish line?



Kinda like having a baby. While you''re delivering, you're thinking,"No way am I doing this again!" Then some time later, you're going through it again. Although labor lasting 23 minutes would be awesome. I could handle that.

Followed the race up with my carb of choice.....BEER, of course! Awards ceremony, music and dancing. Good way to end a good, hot race!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Enjoyed the reading! Such posts are real motivation for beginners like me. I am also searching through internet for other interesting blogs for athletes, and one of my favourite ones is militarygradenutritionals.com/blog. They write a lot about proper nutrition, workouts and exercising. They also share various research in this sphere, which could be interesting and useful for all athletes