Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain? Seriously? More rain?

Mother Nature I laugh in your face! You tried to stop me from my long run on Friday with success, but you played unfair. You brought more than rain....you brought lightning. NOT FAIR! You know I won't run in lightning!!

So...I tried again. On Saturay. Thought I was getting out early enough. Then again....maybe not! Damn! Foiled again! Bringin' on the same nasty, stormy weather.

One more try. Wake up Sunday morning...late....look at the weather and see it coming. How many miles can I get in before it hits. Three miles?.....Four? Oh yeah...the rain started to come between miles 4 and 5. But.....what?.....no lightning? I can handle that! Rain? Ohhhhh.....Mmmmmmmm.......Geeeee! What a downpour!! The curb and gutters couldn't even keep up! Oh....but......guess.....what? I had a TON of fun!!!! What a way to make me feel like a kid again!! Running through the rain. I was soaked to the bone. But loved every minute of my total 8 mile long run. I DID IT!! I succeeded in getting all the miles in. I actually felt like continuuing but thought I'd pay for it later!!!

Now....if I could only get my running friends to run in the rain with me! :P

No comments: