Saturday, January 21, 2006

No race!

Well, my worst fear came true. We got pounded with snow. Therefore, no race for me today. I didn't get to bed until late and then didn't sleep well anyway. I was so tired today that it probably wouldn't have been a good race anyway. I was a little sluggish all day until I did a 6 mile tempo run in 50 min. with a warmup and cooldown mile. Heck, I may as well have put my taper to good use for something. Tomorrow I may attempt another 8. I'll use this lower weekly mileage for injury prevention I guess.

Yesterday I received an invitation to a local 5K race at the beginning of February. Just in time to get me out of this snowy slump.

3 comments:

Kurt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TriZilla said...

waitaminute, waitaminute! You were INVITED to a 5K race? Explain yourself! That is so uber cool, Lisa! :) Here's to NO MORE freakin' snow!

Lace Up And Run said...

Actually, I made a mistake. It is a 4 mile race, NOT 5K.

Yes, an acquaintance that I see at races sometimes asked me last year around the middle of February why I didn't take part in the Brrry Scurry at the beginning of February. I told her because I didn't know about it. She said I should have gotten an invitation last year because of running in another race that this race director planned.

She said last year that she would make sure I got one this year and the rest is history.

Sometimes when you sign up for races around here, you will get on their list and they will send out invites to everyone that way.

I'm just looking forward to the party afterwards. lol It's supposed to be a good one with quite a spread. Who really cares if there is snow.