Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tough long run

Today I set out to run 12 miles and only made 10. It's all I could do to finish the 10. I had stopped at a friend's house to chat for a bit and when I started back out I hadn't realized how late it was and how chilled I had become until I started up running again. By mile 8 I almost had to call my friend to pick me up and take me home. But I suffered through the 2 mile low glycemic crash and chowed when I got home. Next time I'll eat more carbs before setting out.

3 comments:

TriZilla said...

Yowzers! Weebs, you need to take gu with you when you run! I'm glad you made it safely home though.

Mine was tough too. I started wondering what the heck I was thinking to do a marathon when 9 miles was tough, tough, tough.

Then again, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it, right?

Lace Up And Run said...

Hey Jen. I figured it out after much searching and reading. Woohoo!

TriZilla said...

Woo hoooo!!! Way to go, it looks great!