Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ready to race?

This week has been a little odd. I'm preparing for a 5K this Saturday so have taken my mileage way down because I want to try for a new personal best. I'm gonna try my darndest even if it kills me. So Monday I ran 6, Tuesday 3 and today(Wed.) 3. I'm already feeling weird with so low of mileage. I never thought I'd say that. But tomorrow will be a sluggish day off and Friday will be 2 easy with some strides.

Saturday the race is not until noon and I'm meeting up with Marty and Steve from my online running group WELOVETORUN. They are doing the 5K AND 10K, I'm only doing the 5K. I will still probably run just a little more but not quite 6.2.

I haven't run a 5K race since June 2005 and it was 98 degrees at 6 p.m. I'm hoping to do great. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

TriZilla said...

Good Luck, Weebs!

Lace Up And Run said...

Wimp out? Who are you calling a wimp? It sure must be nice to not really have to worry about the weather down there in Nerth Karolinica! Hopefully, the snow will be done with only 3 inces...on the lowest side that the weather people are predicting.

If it's slick, I may just have to scrap it and go for my long run and save myself the travel time.