Monday, March 06, 2006

Another week of training for the CMM half

Target race: CMM 1/2

Weekly mileage: 37
Monthly mileage: 118
Yearly mileage: 281

Legs felt really good this week after taking a cutback week in the 20's with my 5K race. I kept all of my runs easy so my legs were raring to go on Saturday.

Monday: 5 miles

Tuesday: 5 miles

Wed: 6 miles

Thursday: 6 miles

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: Long run of 11 miles. Legs felt great and the weather was nice and sunny. Couldn't ask for anything better than that. I could have gone more miles but decided to take it easy. I will bump it up a hair next week.

Sunday: 4 miles recovery. I wasn't sure whether I'd feel like running today but once I saw the snow coming down I was like a kid in a candy store. What could be more awesome than running in freshly fallen snow. Oh, that would be downhill skiing in freshly fallen snow. I even ditched my music for the quiet of the snow.

Very good week for me. Legs feel good and I'm still ahead of my training schedule. I need to get my butt over to the track for my speed work this week though. It will be a while before I get another 5K in.

My next race is April 1st. A 10 miler that I ran for the first time last year. Time was 1:27, so I'm hoping to beat that, but the course is totally different and more challenging so I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Kurt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.