Friday, March 10, 2006

Running on empty

Well, this week has been rough. I went out for my tempo run on Monday after eating out with some friends for Chinese. (Note to self: Never run a tempo run an hour after eating a huge plate of Chinese food.) Of course, I was too stubborn to quit or slow down and there were a couple of times where I thought I was going to lose my lunch, but I got it done.

After my run I had to lie down on the floor. I just didn't feel very well. Luckily, I had the day off from work and didn't have to go in. I had plenty of things to do, so I never got a nap in of which probably would have made me feel better.

The next day I still felt bad. I almost felt like I was coming down with the flu. I ran a recovery run Tuesday, but decided to take the day off from running on Wed. I just didn't have it in me.

Back to normal(whatever that is) on Thursday for a 7 mile run around the neighborhood. Halfway through my run I ran into Richard, one of my neighbors who runs(he usually runs in the afternoon when I'm working) and finished with him. It was nice having someone to talk to while running. It doesn't happen very often.

Well, gotta go. Leaving in a few to watch "Failure To Launch" along with about a million other people. Matthew McConaughy, here I come! :D I think I may need to take some napkins along! (drool)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for taking Wednesday off since you weren't feeling well. I have a really hard time doing that (as you know!!)..

Your THursday run sounds great, especially running into your neighbor. It always makes things so much easier!!

Enjoy the movie... its on my "must see" -- either on the big screen or on DVD....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bolder said...

'Failure to Launch'

*sigh*

and people give me a hard-time on my blog... well, give the people what they want... come by on Wed.

;o)

Brooke said...

Weebs...I'm STILL waiting!!!!

Screw your running...give me the goods!!!

Just kidding. Your week looks good, except for the part about amost tossing your fortune cookies. Blach!!