Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Holy Crap!

Okay, so I KNOW the 10 mile race will be tough this Saturday. I am just BEAT! I took yesterday off from running due to a 7 day(40 mile) week last week(spaced that one out) and went out for an easy 6 miler. If I wasn't so stubborn I would have turned around after .1 miles and called it quits.

I have another easy day tomorrow with low mileage and then I'm definitely taking Thursday and Friday off before the race Saturday. I know I probably shouldn't taper this much because I'm still in training for CMM, but this body is trying to tell me something.

Alot of good it will do me if I don't even get to run CMM because of an injury.

Is anybody else getting burnout, or is it just me? I seem to go through this towards the end of a training session right before a big race.

On a side note, I've been getting alot done around the house getting it ready to possibly sell. I made a list and checked it twice. And now half of it is crossed off. Woohoo! The biggest project is yet to come....painting it! Ugh! I have alot of volunteers that said they would help me though.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Painting can be fun!! But I guess not when you're painting to sell and not for your own fun.

I've had problems maintaining motivation, the funny thing is, not having a goal set has helped me keep the training (and higher mileage) than I've ever had before. It's strange...