Thursday, March 16, 2006

Exfoliating run!

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I heard that we were to get 5-8 inches of snow. I wasn't sure when it was supposed to start, but when I woke up at 8 a.m. there wasn't anything on the ground but RAIN. Ewwww! I wanted the white stuff. I had an 8 mile midweek run and I so wanted to run it in snow.

So I bundled up(too much because I had to ditch a layer after the first 2 mile loop)and headed out the door. It was misting a little at first but then it turned into sleet. Owwww! Talk about major facial exfoliation. I felt like someone was doing acupuncture on my face.

Now I know what it's like running blind, because some of the time I had to turn my face away from the wind and sometimes close my eyes. Thankfully, not much traffic out here around my neighborhood.

By the time I got to mile 6 the sleet turned into heavy, heavy snow. I was completely white by the time I was finished.

It was actually a pretty good tempo run despite the weather. I was hoping to run in a couple of inches of the white stuff at least, but I got it done anyway.

So now tomorrow everything that accumulates on the ground today will be melted. Ahhhh, that's spring for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Weebs! Sounds like a great 8 miler. I was a mile behind you today with 7 but I also got to run in snow. It was a light snow, however, and not near as exfoliating. Bok

Bolder said...

you want snow? got a stamp?

i can send you 8 unwanted inches.