Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back in the saddle again!

Okay, so I'm happy about running again albeit ever so slowly. I still have to stop and walk a little if my ribs start to hurt too much but at least I'm able to run.

I'm keeping my mileage low(3-4) miles/daily just to get exercise. I'm sure I'm making myself slower, but I don't think it can be helped.

There is a local 5K next Friday. Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it. Oh well! This is just not a good time to be laid up.

Well, I'm off to a St. Patty's Day bash. It should be a long and eventful night starting off with corned beef and cabbage and all the spirits you want to drink. Get this....it's put on by the local Catholic church. We went last year and I felt so out of place drinking in the basement of a church. After about the second beer I'm like, "Oh well....cheers!" We also win door prizes as well.

Oh and I won a door prize of a goatee trimmer last weekend. So Geo has another one for the downstairs bathroom. Funny thing is....when I heard the prize, before they even called my name I said, "Oh God, that's probably something I'll win!" And sure enough my friends were about rolling on the floor after they called my name. Too funny!

I hope everyone has a good St. Pat's Day.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon. I can't even imagine how painful that would be. I have a friend that just broke his foot in basic training after having gotten into running a bit...he thought he might have broken ribs too...seems to be going around!!

So did you win anything good?