Sunday, February 05, 2006

First 4 mile race

This was the first 4 mile race I've ever done, so of course it was a guaranteed PR. But that didn't stop me from doing my best.

I wasn't all that sure what pace to try for, but I figured I would start out at a pace that I thought I could hold for a bit and then maybe pick up a bit at the end.

The temps were 25 degrees with the wind blowing like mad. The wind didn't really affect us too much on the course except for when we got out by the dam along the Mississippi River.

I passed quite a few people in the last 2 miles and not one passed me, so that was a nice surprise. There was this one real tiny gal wearing a pink hat and pink top and I kept getting closer and closer and I was about 5 feet behind her with about .1 miles to go and she had a kick to die for. I congratulated her at the finish. She beat me by 2 seconds. Grrrrr, next time!

My overall time was 30:30. I placed 3rd in my AG(got some hardware) out of 40. I place 12th out of 308 females and 94th out of a total of 572. At the 2 mile turnaround I only counted about 10 women ahead of me so I thought I may have a slight chance at placing in my age group.

Great food and party after. Especially the FREE golden beverages.

2 comments:

TriZilla said...

WTG, Weebs! 3rd in age group AND hardward, that's just super! :)

SRR said...

That is fantastic! You should be proud! Congrats to you! BTW...like reading your blog.