Thursday, February 02, 2006

What a shitty, shitty week!

Among other events, I got a call from my lawyer on Wednesday that I needed to call him. It seems that my crackhead soon-to-be ex-husband is wanting to file bankruptcy...jointly!! I think not! I'm not the one carving up a boatload of debt since our separation. Our divorce was supposed to be final next Friday and NOW he brings this up.

After many phone calls later, and talking to the bankruptcy lawyer to find out what is going on, the lawyer said that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense at this point and he would advise not to just because of the situation. Long story short, my lawyer says that bankruptcy is not in the cards. I told him that I would rather go down in a sinking ship than file bankruptcy.

Btw, how does one incur a $7000 cc debt in 4 months without having any living expenses? Seems rather odd to me.

Thankfully, I still have my running to keep me sane! Grrrr!

I know tomorrow is another day and things will work out. I just wish I was rid of him already.

2 comments:

Kurt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TriZilla said...

Oy, Weebs, that SUCKS! Yes, grab those shoes and go for a run. You will be free of him soon. Sending you good {{{{vibes}}}}} and {{{{hugs}}}} :)