Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ice Ice Baby

No, not a Vanilla Ice song. I woke up this morning and decided I'd better not run. The ground was covered with ice and it was pouring rain with thunder and lightning. Such a weird sound on Feb. 16th in the midwest.

To top it all off, the ice covered my antenna, so I had no internet connection all day. No matter, I was going to work anyway.

Trouble is.....after I got to work, all my patients started calling in and cancelling. So I ended up going shopping instead for some odds and ends.

Hopefully, it won't get any worse. Nothing worse than sleet and ice.

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

This morning was so nasty! During my lunch hour I was one of the folks who got pelted with sleet on Michigan Avenue. We've had the most bizarre weather!!!

Bolder said...

weather is nasty everywhere.

i blame the olympics.

there is no supporting evidence for that comment, other than that the weather was wonderful before the opening ceremonies -- not so much since...

Brooke said...

Well Weebs...there is emotional shopping...and then there is cardio shopping. So which was it? :]

Glad today I am able to keep it home. Got my java and my laptop. Who could ask for more?!!