Monday, February 06, 2006

Today's day

I have to share today's day at work. As some of you know, I've only been doing this dental assisting job for 5 weeks. There is so much to learn yet and get a handle on since I'm inexperienced and being trained on the job, that when I walked in and found the other assistant not there due to sickness I got a little nervous. Plus, on top of that because of personal issues here at home, I didn't get much sleep the night before. So I had brain fog to top it all off.

I panicked for nothing. EVERYTHING just clicked. I was even surprising the dentist with some of the things I was doing. I think I scared him! hehe I was even offering to help with things I hadn't done before and being successful to boot.

What a way to end a work day. My confidence was soaring!! I'm just so glad that I'm really catching on and able to help.

I was really dreading the day with the other assistant gone with her 16 yrs. experience, but it ended up being a great day!

3 comments:

Kurt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bolder said...

ok, i'll be honest with you... it's a good news/bad news type sitchiation.

bad news is you commented on my blog.

bad news is you now received this visit.

bad news is you now are trapped in my blogroll, and you will receive these visits semi-regularly, and have to endure my pithy, insightful, and appreciative comments that generally run longer than your post.

good news is that you don't use word verfication, and that makes you aujomatically one of my favorite bloggers.

take care, bold.

Lace Up And Run said...

Yeah, everything is good for the next moment that's for sure. One never knows how that changes.

I was interrupted at work today while I was assisting a crown being prepared. It was crackhead! I had to take a break after to cool down before getting back to the patient. Argggg!